- CC 8.1.9.B through 8.1.9.D.
- How do we analyze and evaluate sources?
- How do we interact with historical memory?
- How do we navigate and interpret archives and the sources they contain?
- Students will decipher the literal and practical meaning of eighteenth-century printed text.
- Students will analyze and evaluate bias in primary sources.
- Students will successfully navigate a digital archive.
Allow students to phase from guided practice into independent work. Engage with struggling students until they demonstrate ability to reliably transcribe and interpret a passage.
Primary Source Materials
Secondary Source Materials (optional)
- Google Drive or other file sharing service
- Projector and presentation slides for guided practice
- Entry Ticket
- Laptops equipped with Internet access