We recommend signing up for an account with FromThePage before beginning. Although you can assist with up to three transcriptions as a guest user, logging in will better allow you to save and track your work. If you are planning to work as a guest, skip to step #6.
1. Navigate to the Digital Paxton Friendly Association collection on FromThePage.
2. Before beginning, login, or if you’re a new user, make an account. Click on the “Sign In” icon at the top right of the page.
3. Returning users can enter their credentials, new users Click on the link for “Sign up for a new account.”
4. Once logged in, click on “Collections” tab at the top of the screen.
5. Scroll down through the collections until you find the “Friendly Association Papers” and click on that collection.
6. In the Friendly Association Papers collection, scroll to the “Works” page to see a list of available works for transcription. A green progress bar will show if a work (which may include several individual pages) has been transcribed yet. Select any work that has not yet been transcribed, or is not yet 100% transcribed.
7. Once you’ve selected a work, select an individual page to begin.
8. Type your transcriptions on the right side of the page. Follow the tips and conventions described on Transcription Best Practices, not those listed at the bottom of the screen.