All images are free for non-commercial use under Creative Commons, Attribution-Non-Commercial 4.0 International (CC BY-NC 4.0). By default, all images are available as 300 dpi (or higher) jpeg files.
Special thanks are due to the following 18 contributing archives, research libraries, and cultural institutions that have made this collection possible:
- American Antiquarian Society
- American Philosophical Society
- Circle Legacy Center
- Haverford College Quaker and Special Collections
- Historical Society of Pennsylvania
- Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts
- Library of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers) in Britain
- Library of Congress
- Library Company of Philadelphia
- Moravian Archives of Bethlehem
- National Archives
- Pennsylvania Academy of the Fine Arts
- Philadelphia Museum of Art
- Presbyterian Historical Society
- University of Chicago Special Collections Research Center
- University of Michigan, William L. Clements Library
- University of Pittsburgh Library System
Finally, there are several tools you may use to search across the Digital Collection. You may perform a local search on the Index page. This page contains too many items for easy browsing; however, a local search will allow you to quickly filter items using keywords related to titles and descriptions. To search across metadata and transcriptions, use Scalar's global Search. By default, Scalar searches item names and descriptions; if you select all fields & metadata, Scalar will across the Digital Paxton corpus, which may require more time.
At any point you may return to this or any other path using the Table of Contents, accessible from the menu in the top left corner of the screen.