Hotmail login Hotmail.com
Once you have created an Hotmail email account successfully, this account will be your Windows live ID. You are now able to capitalise on the great features provided by Microsoft which is easily accessible from your mobile device or smart phone, or through a web browser by visiting the Sign in page on your Windows or Mac computer.
How to create a new Hotmail account?
Hotmail provides a professional email and calendar app that helps you stay on top of your game that allows users to access their inbox across various mobile devices and through you’re a Windows or a Mac computer. You are now in possession of a Microsoft account which grants you the privilege to access a wide variety of services available free, curtesy of Microsoft. You can access your account through a browser of choice, being; Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla, Firefox, or Safari from your windows or Mac computer.
- First thing first: Once you have launched your web browser, visit the Microsoft sign up page entered here or enter the following in your browser’s address bar: signup.live.com then click enter.
- Provide your personal Information: Next is to enter your personal information in the fields provided; your name, birthdate, and gender.
- Create a unique Username: In the “Username” field, type your desired email address or click “Get a new email address” to re-enter a username that is not already being used by another person. Once you have successfully created a unique username, a drop-down list will appear to the right of the username field, select @hotmail.com or @outlook.com from the list of items.
- Provide your email password: You will be required to provide a password for your email. You will need to enter this trice for verification purposes. If you chose to get a new email, whatever you type in this field will become the password for your new account.
- You are required to select your "Country/ Region" from the field provided and choose from the list of countries. Next, enter your postal code information in the respective field.
- Protect your information: You will need to enter your country code, your phone number (in the case you have lost or forgotten your password), an alternate email address and you are also required to complete the CAPTCHA (determines if you are a human or a machine).
- Completion: After completing the registration procedure, you will be directed to the welcome page indicating that your account has been successfully created.
Questions You May Ask
Q - Can I add other accounts after setup?
A - After you’ve installed Outlook—either from Office 365 or from one of the Microsoft Office suites—you can add one or more email accounts. For example, if you’re an Office 365 customer, you can add your Office 365 email to Outlook. You can also add personal email accounts, like Gmail or Yahoo accounts, or check your email from your Internet Service Provider (ISP), such as Xfinity or Verizon.
Q - What should I do if I have problems with sync or setup?
A - First things first. If you're using an Outlook.com (includes hotmail.com, msn.com, live.com, etc.) email account, check the server status of Outlook.com here. Now choose from the options below:
- "I need troubleshooting help for setting up my email." - See Troubleshoot email setup on mobile.
- "I'm setting up email for the first time and my calendar or contacts won't sync." - See Sync calendar with my phone or tablet.
A - Update notifications for specific email accounts
- Open Outlook for Android.
- Go to Settings > Notifications under Mail OR Notifications under Calendar.
- Change which email accounts you wish to see notifications for